Friday, June 10, 2005

That second look

Why is it that whenever I have a tiring day, it's guaranteed that I see at least one semi-attractive guy. Why this occurs when I'm riding the Metro. They fall into three categories: (1) they're talking to friends/co-workers and are otherwise engaged in conversation, (2) are busy reading WSJ or the Post, or (3) just are sitting (standing if the metro is particularly over- crowded that day). There's always a striking feature about them that makes me take a second look: beautiful eyes, a tall and lanky height or some random accessory (like mp3 players or a book I've never read).

And the same thing happens on the street. When I look my worst-aka a combination of being sleep deprived and looking tired-I always see someone who looks pretty good in a suit or casual clothes.

I don't say hi or try to engage in random conversation with them-after all, what guy would appreciate a random female walking by and commenting on what she thinks of his clothes ?


One of the (many) things I dislike the necessity of wearing business attire in the summer. Yes, men and women need to always look professional when they work, but it is really necessary not to have casual fridays at work ? From Monday to Thursday, rain or shine, sizzling heat or stifling humidity, we endure wearing these thick business suits to work everyday. Nevermind the brick sidewalks or potholes that ruin my new heels or the fact that I almost trip walking up the steps to the escalator or up (and down) those two inch wide flights of stairs.

Is it really too much to ask to be able to wear something other than a long sleeve blouse or button down shirt to work ?

In a city where business wear is the norm and everywhere, how is a girl suppose to find that "right" someone if she's in danger of frying to death from wearing a suit in the 90 degree weather or perhaps is this the new way to find a prince that will "save" her (if only from the dreaded heat) ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home