Tuesday, May 03, 2005

science and men

When I was a freshmen, I decided it was a good idea to take an 8am Chem class for two consecutive semesters:after all, high school started at 7:25am and I was mostly on time for my first class, and the being the naive freshmen that I was, I believed anything was possible after that. Question: what's the difference (physical, properties, ect) between triplaner molecular shape vs 3SD-or was it 3s1p orbital? Second semester chem was about molecular shape and I saw some nice pictures of an atom (it was either drawing of an atom or particle). That's all I got out of it.

It just makes me wonder how guys know he want *that* girl vs. someone else. It seems like it's completely random (except for the part about judging which girl is more physically attractive). Guys claim personaliy is important in deciding if they want to just hook up or date a girl, but consider this: if a guy wasn't physically attracted to that girl, how many guys would still talk to that girl?

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Sakura said...

Perceived equality (ie. this guy is attractive enough to get that girl) does seem to be a bigger issue for girls than guys. (Call me old fashioned, but guys seem to lose interest if a girl flirts w/him first.)

Personal connection: It's great if you know the person and are compatable, but it gets awkward if it's one-sided.

Given all these issues, it's almost seems like a wonder that people can have successful relationships.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home