Sunday, April 17, 2005

More than a diamond, I want eternity

What does forever mean nowadays anyway? I'm really sick of seeing that ad about "women of the world rise your right hand" for diamonds. I know it's only an ad, but it still bothers me b/c I want to know why ? Why isn't one right on your left hand (for women) enough ? And how does having two rings translate into I love you more (than if I only had one ring) ?

I know this sound hypocritical, especially coming from me-who adores shopping-but I still want to say that I think this ad is stupid. I guess it's suppose to mean
in order to prove that his love for you hasn't changed, he had to buy you another ring. What's the point in that ? If he still loves you, he'll be there every morning when you wake up and when you need him. (I'm not suggesting that I disagree with men finanically supporting women, but I personally would want something else instead of another diamond. A Lexus or a house in downtown Beverly Hills sounds better. Or buying out the entire fall collection for Burberry. lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home