Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Vogue

The April edition came out a couple of weeks ago...

What's with that wierd pose of a girl jumping for the Y-3 ad? I guess she's trying to make a Y shape, but it looks she's trying to do a bad imitation of the Matrix move or trying to learn to fly with her head tucked between her arms. (The only thing that's worse is Madonna's hair and jacket for the Versace ad, which screams 'I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm wearing this anyway.' At one point leather was in, but I was never one for snakeskin jackets.)

I'm disappointed by lack of body types in the magazine calls their "The Shape Issue:" their variety of body types in the ads are mostly limited to tall and thin or "short" and thin. (It's hard to tell how "short" they are in a pic by themselves.)
The sections on body types is limited to short, tall, "curvy" girl, and pregnancy.

So what kind of clothes can women wear if they're not as thin as those depicted in the ads ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home