Thursday, April 14, 2005

Beauty

What is the male perception of beauty and how do they decide this? (And don't tell me it's just personality.)

The APril issue of Vogue makes the ideal woman seem petite no matter what height she is. Being "curvy" appears to be like a fad than anything else or else it serves to grant certain celebrities the promise of being considered more beautiful because they are featured in this particular issue. Models to have either an "exotic" bone structure that makes their eyes seem larger or lips appear fuller than anything else. I'm a fan of Asian magazines only because beauty is more about how natural your face looks, to appear to be incredably beauty without appearing to wear makeup. One almost universal thing I've found is that most women think the ideal body type is thin (myself included). Why do I believe this ? Women who are smaller built have a much easier time in finding clothes that look good on them (a simple AX Tshirt suddenly becomes a glamorous shirt that looks tailor made for them).

It never ceases to amaze me how most guys look horrible in shorts (the exceptions being male models), while most girls look good in them. The difference: society decides that unless the girl is really overweight (more than 10 lbs), short shorts is attractive. I'm not sure that the equivilant of shorts for girls would be in Asia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home