Saturday, April 16, 2005

I have to say that I'm continuously disspointed in the lack of originality (or style) for the spring fashion from Express, Guess, and Bebe. (Updates about Banana Republic, GAP, and AX later.) Indian themed shirts (think hippie shirts- slightly baggy w/V neck shirts and add decorative beads to it like this or like that that) dominate most of the stores. There's nothing wrong with Indian clothing, like sari's, but to develop and mass produce shirts that lacks creativity or serious thought as to how the person wearing it would look, it irresponsible for the designer. It would be something akin to (or worse than) me designing clothes for dolls when I have no experience and randomly shredding fabric and calling it "retro" or "punk."

Have I mentioned how I'm still bitter about the fact that Express changed its target age group for clothing? I appreciate knowing the fact that there's a store where I can find a decent suit, but now that it's spring line has come out, I can't stand most of what's in the store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home